Our kennels have proven to be a big success-especially among the tenants. A visit during play-exercise time reveals happy, relaxed dogs running the 200-foot length of the exercise area, barking and having a good time. Cats in the condos seem much more at ease as they spend their time perching, sleeping and watching the birds at the bird feeders and other outdoor activity while in the peace and quiet of their own room. Owners claim that their pets return home acting as though they have just returned from a fun trip to camp, and are always anxious to return. The staff are trained to closely observe each patient to make sure all their needs are satisfied and report to the doctors immediately if any concerns arise. (for a more detailed policy, see page 2 of the Boarding Check in Form)
The following is a list of features that make this pet center special.
- Large AC/Heating units controlled by auto-changeover thermostats maintain a stable, comfortable temperature year round.
- State-of-the-art smoke and burglary detection system linked to the local police and fire departments (located less than 1/2 mile away).
- Carbon monoxide detectors.
- Large exhaust fans set on timers guarantee a continuous supply of fresh, odor free air.
- Veterinary supervision and treatment if needed.
- Complimentary pre-entrance exams.
- Pets are fed premium diets, or owner supplied food on the schedule requested by the owner.
- Medication given by kennel attendants upon request.
- After hours pickup usually available.
The K9 Kennel
20,000 Sq. Ft. securely fenced exercise area where pets are allowed to run and play individually or as a household 3 times daily.
- Eight different sized rooms allow the pet’s owner to choose the ideal room for the pet or pets. An 8’x8′ room, for example, could comfortably house 2 Saint Bernards, or 1 Chihuahua with a big attitude.
- Each has its own elevated bed.
- Large ceiling fans keep the air moving for maximum comfort.
- Many rooms have their own window.
- Numerous skylights and windows flood the kennels with natural lighting.
- Radio and music to calm anxiety.
- Extra play/exercise time available upon request.
- Comfort cushions and dog beds available upon request.
The Kitty Condo Motel
A separate room just for felines
- Multiple condos available. Each condo is comprised of 4 interconnecting suites. Each suite is approximately 12 cubic feet and up to 4 suites may be connected for multiple cats, or cats needing a lot of space.
- All suites have clear backs and windows allowing the cat to watch people and birds at the bird feeders.
- Each suite has its own perching shelf.
- Extra playtime and brushing available upon request.
- Comfort cushions available upon request.
Boarding and Grooming Policy
All boarding pets must have documented proof of current vaccine and parasite control status. Pets may sometimes be released to owners after hours if prior arrangements have been made. Dogs boarded 5 nights or more are entitled to a complimentary bath if requested. Should a pet become ill while boarding, we will make every effort to contact the owner. If unable to make contact, the pet will be treated appropriately.
We encourage all clients, new and old, to ask for a tour of our boarding and grooming facilities. Every effort is made at all times to treat visiting pets as we would have our own pets cared for if we were away. Our boarders really seem to enjoy their stay, adjust to daily routine, make new friends, and do well outside their home environment.
We insist on having emergency contact numbers and other important information in case any problem should arise during a pet’s stay with us, so please allow extra time before drop-off for completion of necessary paperwork. (See Boarding Form download)
Making your pet’s stay more comfortable
- Feel free to bring your pet’s treats, toys, blanket or bed. Consider renting a bed from us as the chances of soiling can increase while here.
- If your pet eats wet food or has any special diet needs, please bring that food along with you. We provide Hill’s Science Diet dry food for cats and dogs.
- If you are boarding any exotic pet (birds, ferrets, rabbits, fish, etc.), please bring their food and treats.
- Make sure any medications that will be given while boarding are in the original containers with a prescription label.
Boarding your bird, reptile or other small exotic mammal
Boarding is not just for cats and dogs. You can trust Grafton Animal Hospital to care for your bird, reptile, ferret, rats, etc. Your pet can board in one of our comfortable cages, or bring you pet’s regular cage from home (very large cages may incur an additional fee). Be sure to bring your pet’s food, water bottles, food bowls, bedding and toys and we will take care of the rest. If your pet eats fresh or frozen fruits and vegetables, we have the means to store those items. Give any of our staff members a call to learn how we can help you board all of your pets.